Great Singapore Sale + US discount season

On hindsight, it is always obvious.

Everyone is commenting about US stock market reaching new heights for the rest of last year. This year, I also see many investment bloggers commenting about misreading the market and missed out on another bull run. And now, the major correction finally arrived.

I must admit I always had a small warchest to capitalise on dips in the market. I always stick to my low PE PEG and good fundamentals methodology. I didn't have a stellar record last year but I persisted in always stay sufficiently vested in the market until there are visible warning signs. Well, the flash flood finally occurred at an unexpected timing. I wanted to hoard more cash but as a salaried worker, this is hardly feasible.

I have been eyeing the bollinger bands and VIX index as a gauge of irrational market sentiment and to be frank I am not sure how long this window will open.  Weeks, months or years? Now with every Tom dick and harry trying to come out with plausible reasons to justify this crash, I have to quickly update my valuation spreadsheet and start to cash in on stocks with the most discount and the strongest fundamentals. I will most likely wait for the volatility to subside and fear to collapse to despair, and observe any spillover effects in the economy before I start hoarding my riches. Patience is not my strong suit and I will not want to let my value stock turn into a falling knife.

My investing journey has been boring and stagnant for a pretty long while. Red to others is a sign of danger, but for the CNY festivities and the value investor , it is a prelude to fortune. Finally, time to get to work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Light

Portfolio Review 2019 - Performance Review

Michael Leong- Your first $1,000,000 Making it in stocks